Correspondence and papers for submission to the Editorial Team should be sent, in the first instance, to Ken Evans, 117 Columbus Ravine, Scarborough,YO12 7QU, United Kingdom (with cd version) or email email@example.com.
Material for Publication
Material for publication is invited from the wide range of relational oriented psychotherapy approaches and shall include:
- an original paper typed, double-spaced and in 12-point font arial (western).
- the name of the author(s), job title, postal and email address
- page numbers and word count
- provide references listed in alphabetical order in a separate reference section at the back of the paper. Harvard reference system required, see following examples:
Creswell, J. W. (1998) Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Traditions. California USA: Sage
McLeod, J. (2001) Qualitative Research in Counselling and Psychotherapy. London: Sage
Parlett, M. (2000) Creative Adjustment and the Global Field. In: British Gestalt Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1
Orlinsky, D. E., Grawe, K. & Parks, B. K. (1994) Process and outcome in psychotherapy – Noch Einmal. In Hougaard, E. (1996) Psykoterapi teori og forskning. København: Dansk psykologisk forlag
- include any illustrations, tables, diagrams or figures (please send in .jpg or .gif format) separate from the paper but indicating where in the text they are to be located
- papers must be sent in electronic format (pc compatible email attachment, floppy disc or cd). Hard copy may be sent by post normal with a cd or floppy disc. Email delivery is preferred where possible.
- authors are responsible for obtaining permission from the copyright owner if they include an illustration or lengthy word count (+ 100 words) that has been published elsewhere. Authors should include both the publisher and author of such material, requesting non exclusive world rights in all languages for use in the article/paper and future editions of it
Following receipt of the paper a member of the editorial team will respond to confirm whether or not the paper is being considered for publication. The final decision will follow after a paper is peer reviewed and normally within 3 months of date of submission.
A standard form is used for peer review. the form is available for download in PDF format here. (Form will open in a new window).
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this PDF form. If you do not have this plugin It can be downloaded for free from the Adobe site here.
Inevitably any paper will require some revision and all final artwork – illustrations etc., must be submitted by the author in publication ready format. Prior to publication an author (s) will receive page proofs for them to scrutinise.
Ethical and legal issues for the protection of a co-researcher (research subject) must be carefully considered by the author(s) and all reasonable steps taken to protect anonymity. Where a research paper includes material from children then authors must ensure that consent was secured from the children’s legal guardian.
Length of paper
Papers shall be in the range of 3,500 to 5,500 words (inc references) or in the form of a brief report between 1,500 to 2,500 words (inc references) and may include:
- research into psychotherapy practice
- papers exploring the philosophical and theoretical aspects of psychotherapy research
- critical papers on the qualitative – quantitative paradigms
- research into the application of psychotherapy across the range of mental health and social work professions
- research based case studies
- research in all dimensions of psychotherapy practice including the body, the intrapsychic, interpersonal, cultural ,ecological and transpersonal
- research into the ethical and moral aspects of psychotherapy practice
The EJQRP will consider advertisements for relevant courses, journals, books, conferences etc and will exercise sole discretion in deciding whether or not to accept an advertisement. Advertisements may be whole page, half page or quarter page. For current prices please contact the Ken Evans. Some discretion will be exercised when arriving at a price for advertisements from economically disadvantaged nations
Copies of the journal can be purchased on this site.
In return for the Anglo-Norwegian Collaboration publishing any paper in the journal an author(s) agrees the following:
- to grant A&N Collaboration the right to publish, royalty-free, the article/paper in the EJQRP
- the article may be published in whole or part and on it’s own or in combination with other articles
- the editor(s) have the right to edit the text and/or alter the format to comply with the journal ‘house-style’
- the article is original and/or does not infringe any existing copyright
- other than the production of a copy(s) of the article for personal use the author shall not place the paper/article for publication with any other publisher until six months after the date of publication in the EJQRP