Norsk Gestaltinstitutt AS
Norsk Gestaltinstitutt AS was established in 1986. Today it is a private college, offering part time education. At present our study programmes are: basic training in gestalt therapy, post graduate training, supervision training, training in gestalt oriented coaching, and training in organizational development.
- Basic training in gestalt therapy (4 years) is offered in Oslo, Stavanger, and Tromsø. The students have a humanistic educational background and work with people professionally.
- Post graduate training (2 years) is for students who have finished their four year training at NGI, or students who have an equivalent basic training in gestalt, and who want to develop as therapists.
- Supervision training (2 years) is an option for gestalt therapists who want to work as supervisors for other gestalt therapists. The students must have the four year basic training and either have completed or follow the two year post graduate training offered by NGI.
- Training in gestalt oriented coaching (2 years) is for leaders, supervisors, advisers, organizational consultants, head-hunters, career planners, therapists and others wanting to learn coaching.
- Training in gestalt oriented organizational development (1 year) is a supplementary year for those who have taken gestalt oriented coaching, or for gestalt therapists wanting to take their post graduate training within organizations.
In Norway NGI is the leading institute within the field of training gestalt therapists. Our final exam at the end of the 4 year basic training in gestalt therapy has been officially recognized by NOKUT (The Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education), and the training has been assigned 120 “study points”, which is identical with ECTS (The European Community Transfer System) credits. This means that our training programme has been accredited as the equivalent of a 2 year full time study programme. Accordingly, our students may be entitled to government grants and study loans.
NGI is one of the largest gestalt training institutes in Europe of its kind, with about 350 students in all. Our students represent different professions, educational backgrounds and ages, thus making up a heterogeneous group.
NGI is a member of the European Association for Gestalt Therapy (EAGT) and the European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP), and is an active member of Fédération Internationale des Organismes de Formation à la Gestalt (FORGE). We work in extensive international cooperation with other institutes through e.g. exchange of teachers and students and participation in international conferences. NGI organizes seminars and courses and can also give information on what is offered within psychotherapy, supervision, coaching, and organizational development.
Scarborough Psychotherapy Training Institute (ScPTI)
The primary aim, enshrined in the constitution of the Scarborough Psychotherapy Training Institute (ScPTI), is to benefit the public welfare, and further the advancement of public education, by developing a range of activities in counselling and psychotherapy on the basis of excellence in practice. We promote a rigorous professionalism grounded in concern and humanity, both in the provision of skilled practitioner services and professional training.
“ScPTI has an active equal opportunities policy and is working towards compliance with the human rights act”
To this end ScPTI has for several years been developing links with the community through the provision of clinical support to the employees of local public, commercial organisations and the local mental health services. In the next few years we intend to expand and extend the range of specialist clinical services in the region.
ScPTI is a full member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and therefore provides accredited training that enables our graduates to enter the UKCP national register of professional psychotherapists.
We provide the following professional training courses:
- Advanced Diploma in Gestalt Psycotherapy (4 years)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (4 years)
- Advanced Diploma in Relational Centred Counselling (3 years)
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision (1 year)
- Diploma in Leadership in Organisations (1 year)
The Scarborough Psychotherapy Training Institute keeps abreast of developments within the wider community of Psychotherapy through it’s membership of the:
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- United Kingdom Association for Therapeutic Counselling
- United Kingdom Association for Psychotherapy Integration
- European Association for Integrative Psychotherapy
- European Association for Gestalt Therapy
- European Association for Psychotherapy
Active membership of these organisations, together with a serious commitment to continued growth and development means that professional training at SCPTI remains at the leading edge of psychotherapy education in the UK and Europe.